Friday, April 1, 2016

2 steps forward.........

Pochalla. What can I say? Lynn arrived back from Pochalla on the Tuesday the 15 and on Monday the 21st fighting broke out in Pochalla. The contractor and mason were there as well as many other people that we know. We had communication for about 2 days and then the one place that has internet  the folks were evacuated. We have been told that in the first 2 days 7 people were killed and since then we have heard that more have been killed. Some people have fled to Ethiopia and others to the bush. Homes have been burned and the rains have started which means people are sleeping out in the open in the rain.

Today we received a letter saying that things are now calm and the people are pleading for aide groups to come back in to help them. We are not sure if the situation is actually safe for our people to go back in. It hurts to know that so many people are hurting and there is not much we can do.

We have been getting caught up on all kinds of paper work this past week. Lynn has things he needs to get done before leaving here so he has been at home on the computer - not the most exciting thing to talk about but it is a big part of his job.

For me, the Treasurer is gone again for about 2 weeks so I don't have a lot to do. I am taking this time to redo my program for keeping the project accounts and playing with the excel program and realizing that I have only scratched the surface on what it can do. Maybe I can find some time in the States to take a class on excel, or find some high school person who would be willing to work with me:) Or maybe I will just go with what I know!

This is a short post but I wanted to let you all know about Pochalla.

No comments:

Post a Comment