Monday, January 22, 2018

Hello!

Well, I did not get the new year off to a very good start - I was going to write more often this year -HA!

We stayed in Juba for all of December and it was very quiet. There are 2 things about it being very quiet. The church office closes for a month so everyone can go be with their families and this is good because many of them do not see their families except for once or twice a year. It makes it boring for us because there is not much to do (well , there is plenty that needs doing but no one is here!) Quiet is good during December because that means there was no fighting. This year we really noticed how people seemed to feel a little more hope and there was more social activities among the South Sudanese. New Years eve at midnight I heard all this noise outside and at first I thought it was a bad sign but then I went and looked out the window and saw that it was people celebrating and there was so much traffic that they had the traffic police out! It was fun to watch people dancing and singing in the streets. Other years people have tended to stay inside or if they were out they were not singing and dancing in the streets.

This is not to say that peace has arrived in South Sudan. I really look forward to the day that I can say that it has. There is still fighting in the country and every group blaming another for the fighting.

Lynn is hoping to leave on the 29th to go to Khartoum again. He ha not received his visa yet but we still have this week so who is worried??? I will leave on the 4th for a 2 week trip to Ethiopia and Lynn will join me their on the 12th.

Then guess what?? We will be going to the States mid March and be there for 2 1/2 months!! This is part of our Interpretation Assignment (IA) so that means we will be traveling around talking at different churches. We will be doing this again mid July to mid Sept. so you all get truly blessed with our company this year.  Ha. :)

I know this is short but I seem to be having trouble thinking of things that would be interesting to you all. I do want you to know that we are praying for you. I am looking forward to coffee dates(Brandon L) play time with grandchildren, teaching a niece (Emersyn) some bad things for her parents and long talks with everyone. Oh, and eating Mexican food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment