Thursday, April 23, 2015

Something to do.

Ok, I admit to being a little depressed and bored. We have not had the language help we needed for the last month so it has been boring on that front. I have tried to go to the church offices to start getting acquainted with the system they use BUT the men have been gone for the last 3 weeks so here I sit. We still try to find things to do several days a week and we have one language helper on Saturdays but for the most part it is sit around and try to find something to do.

We have had some things going on. Michael Weller, who lives in Ethiopia, has been here several times in the last month and that has been nice to have someone different to talk to plus he has given us some things to do. Michael is our Regional Liaison and is handing over some of his work to Lynn and he has been introducing us to people. Michael also happens to be married to my ( Sharon ) good friend from growing up in Ethiopia so we have lots to talk about:)  Michael and Rachel just went to the States and my oldest brother sent a birthday gift along with them when they came back - a pan to make hot dog buns in!! I did not even know there was such a thing! So, now we can have hotdogs for supper once in a while:)

Things continue to not look good for peace. There has been renewed fighting in the Malakal area and people are frustrated with the government. We do wonder if there will be another big blow up and pray that that does not happen. Don't worry about us - if it does happen we can get out quickly.

We now have all the missionaries here in country that are supposed to be here with the last one arriving April 2. This means that in our building we have 7 PCUSA people spread out on all 3 floors.
This is when having such a small place is really a pain cause I can't have everyone over for a meal or really even for cake or sodas. I bake and then make the rounds just giving the stuff away rather than having people in to help eat it. Well, the only one who comes in to see what I have to eat is one of the workers here, he is the maintenance guy and likes to practice his English with us.

We continue to believe that we are where God wants us to be. It is hard when we have so little to do right now. It is easy to get discouraged and wonder why we came here but God has His ways of reminding us that we just need to do as He asks and that when the time is right He will show us His plans for us. Waiting has never been my strong point:) ( I can hear our kids saying AMEN that).

I am sorry that it took me so long to post the Easter blog -I wanted Lynn to read it and we both kept forgetting. So, now you are getting two of them back to back.

We are enjoying the rainy season. Things are a little cooler these days (88) and it is actually nice and cool when I go for my walk in the morning. We get rain for a day or two and then none for several days. When it does rain it rains long and hard and the roads are a muddy mess but then the next day things are drying up quickly. People are planting where ever they can and it is nice to see things so green.

What do you want to hear about? Leave a comment or email me.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy reading your posts and I am sharing them with the church page via facebook. You are in my persona thoughts and prayers. Here in the states all we ever wish for is a minute of peace and quiet. Now you have too much!

    ReplyDelete