Sunday, October 18, 2015

A week difference

We go back to Juba tomorrow after a week in Nairobi. It has been a week of beautiful weather, shopping, eating and resting.  Guess what? this time we did not go anywhere near a hospital! We did not run into as many people that we know this time but we did have a really nice evening last night with Chase and Audrey!

The break was needed by me more than Lynn but I have spent a lot of time in prayer and Lynn and I have talked quite a bit about the situation in Juba and I think I have been able to get a better perspective on things. Yes, I am still a little nervous but I go back having been reminded of who is in control and I am SO glad it is not me! And, NO, it is not Lynn!!!! sure wouldn't want anyone confused on that point. Ha! Thank you so much to 2 cousins who listened to a nudge to write me - it was just the encouragement I needed.

I keep seeing all this posts about snow and it makes me so glad I am not where that stuff is:) Our rainy season ends sometime in November which means our cooler weather ends and we will start seeing over 100 degrees. The rains have not been as good this year in many places in South Sudan so there is more hunger in many areas.

We are going back to Juba knowing that we will be busier than we have been. Lynn will be traveling to 2 different locations and is picking up a lot more office work. Well, we, are picking up more office work:) While Lynn is gone on these trips I will cover for him with the emails and such but even when he is around we tend to share that work. I like the office work more than Lynn so I write letters and send forms and he does all the official stuff:)  It is good to stay busy but us old folks still manage to get our naps in!

If any of you cannot take the cold weather heading your way, just plan a trip to see us and I promise you will warm up:)




No comments:

Post a Comment