Saturday, December 5, 2015

A busy weekend

We had a busy weekend last weekend. We went to a 24th anniversary celebration of Nile Theological College on Saturday and then I (Sharon) went to a church service that lasted from 9 am to 1:30 pm. Then Monday Morning had a 9am meeting that started about 9:30:)

This is the banner that was at the front for the College celebration.

This was a really nice day for us and we were so glad we had been invited to it. We got to meet lots of new people and had the chance to put faces to names of people we have heard about.


I have to admit, this little boy ( plus all the others I did not get a picture of) cracked my up. Even here in a refugee camp everyone has a cellphone and they use them to entertain the kids. The choir was singing and there were 3 kids 5 and under recording the singing:) This had been a very long service and the kids were getting rowdy so the moms were all handing the kids their phones to distract them.

I should have gotten a picture of the kids sleeping on a mat right in front of me at the front of the church. This is the the kind of church service I remember from down country with dad.

Ok, I was going to add a video from the church service but I am not sure if I am doing it wrong or our internet is just to slow to do it so I guess no video this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment