Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lessons in Patience and God's Planning

As I told you, Lynn went to Pochalla last week. He was supposed to go on Wednesday the 2nd but then last minute we found out the plane was going on Thursday instead. Ok, that was fine with Lynn since that meant one less day in Pochalla.  Now, while in Pochalla Lynn has internet for maybe 4 hours in a day and that is the only way we have to communicate. So, now this week we learn on Tuesday that somehow Lynn never got booked on the return flight and, remember, these flights only go once a week. So, now what?? We are supposed to leave on Monday the 14th for Kenya and no planes are allowed to land in Juba on Saturdays and Sundays. Many phone calls later and lots of friends helping us we get a possibility. I was at the church offices on Wednesday, spending hours waiting for the car to come back to take the Treasurer and I to the bank. I was doing ok with the wait but it was boring. Along comes one of the women I have been getting to know and she tells me about a flight going into Pochalla with one of the churches partner organizations. I make a call and, yes! they can bring Lynn back. YIPPIE!! The plane is leaving early Thursday morning and will get back late in the day but that is ok as long as Lynn is on the plane. I am able to communicate with Lynn to let him know the plan. Thursday morning I get a call from my new best friend, Rev. John Philip, the guy who said Lynn could come back with them, and he says they are at the airport (8am) and will be leaving soon. At noon Lynn is able to message me to say no plane yet and what is going on! I call Rev. Philip and he says they are having a bad time at the airport and some people are being detained but they are still hoping to leave within the hour. Fast forward to 6pm and a call from Rev. Philip saying they were not allowed to leave on the plane and he was only just then leaving the airport! They have everything worked out and are leaving tomorrow morning at 8am with a shorter day so hopefully will be back early afternoon. Rev. Philip reminded me that our plans are not always God's plans. I had to agree and say that I would rather go with God's plans as they are always the best for us. Not that I am happy that my husband is not back in Juba yet and there is still some question as to if he will be able to get on the fight so please, pray, pray, pray! If he does not get back tomorrow then our trip to Kenya is put off and we are out the ticket but that is a small thing compared to getting Lynn back to Juba.
I spent the day yesterday doing 3 things that should have taken about 2 hours but actually took 7 hours:) That is the way of things here and I felt I had accomplished a lot in the day. It is a chance to sit and get to know people and practice Arabic and pray. I also got to watch the dynamics in the office with all the people coming in and out with issues.
Anyhow, life is all about changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment