Wednesday, July 27, 2016

more bumps

We are at New Wilmington Mission Conference in Western Pa. SOOOO many people to talk to, catch up with and get to know! People that know my oldest brother from Shutz in Egypt to people who saw me at 2 weeks old. Stories upon stories. I had forgotten what this place could feel like when you know lots of people.:)

Bumps in the road again. We are delaying our return to South Sudan until September or later, depending on the situation in South Sudan. With the recent events in Juba and so many people being evacuated and still so much uncertainty it is better to wait for things to settle down. This is disappointing to us as we feel ready to return and yet it is nice to know we will have a little more time with our families.

So  many thoughts are going through my mind these days. Wondering about our friends in South Sudan, wondering what we will be doing for the next month or so and then wondering what God's plan is in all of this. This delay is nice because we get to see our grandkids start the new school year, we get to touch base with some folks we have not seen yet and of course now there is more time for shopping. Unfortunately there is also more time to eat ice cream and gain weight!:)

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone! When we first arrived it felt like May was taking a long time(and I was happy about that!) and then all of a sudden we were celebrating the 4th of July and only had about 4 weeks left!

I know the last two posts have been on the short side but I am afraid that I find it hard to put into words all that I am feeling these days. There is joy at being with family, so much sorrow and worry for friends in South Sudan, confusion as to how there can be that much hate in one country, happiness at hearing from friends in south Sudan that they are safe, hope for the future of South Sudan but also despair for the future there.

No comments:

Post a Comment